History, Politics And Current Affairs
http://www.tboverse.us/HPCAFORUM/phpBB3/

So this whole urban combat business...
http://www.tboverse.us/HPCAFORUM/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21974
Page 3 of 3

Author:  Micael [ Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: So this whole urban combat business...

Yeah I'm waiting for the next generation carbine to be selected in a couple of years. Hope something good gets the nod.
The AK-5s are getting quite worn out so it's time to move on, and the AK-4s will be replaced as well as part of that process.

Author:  edgeplay_cgo [ Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: So this whole urban combat business...

Francis Urquhart wrote:
edgeplay_cgo wrote:
Those are pretty awkward in close quarters. Because the compartments are more or less linear, boarding pikes might actually make sense.

Getting through hatches with a boarding pike may be difficult.


The'd have to be built in, or segmented. You'd need two sets, too. One pointed forward and one pointed aft. :roll:

Quote:
Pistols do seem to be the ideal took to fighting below decks. Handy, rapid fire, can carry plenty of ammunition etc.


I think that's about right. And knives for the close work.

Author:  Craiglxviii [ Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: So this whole urban combat business...

Bayonets for pistols...

Author:  edgeplay_cgo [ Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: So this whole urban combat business...

Craiglxviii wrote:
Bayonets for pistols...


Ka-Bar makes a bayonet for a pistol. It fits a picatinny rail. I thought it was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Author:  gtg947h [ Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: So this whole urban combat business...

edgeplay_cgo wrote:
Craiglxviii wrote:
Bayonets for pistols...


Ka-Bar makes a bayonet for a pistol. It fits a picatinny rail. I thought it was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

They sell those at at least one of the local shops :roll:

I've seen a device that mounts a Glock (with bayonet of course) to a picatinny rail (think grenade launcher). Absolutely stupid and useless, but funny.

Author:  jemhouston [ Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: So this whole urban combat business...

Image

Author:  Craiglxviii [ Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: So this whole urban combat business...

I was thinking more old school. I'll see your Buck Rogers ray gun and raise you wholesome .455" goodness.

Attachments:
IMG_0200.PNG
IMG_0200.PNG [ 379.96 KiB | Viewed 350 times ]

Author:  jemhouston [ Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: So this whole urban combat business...

Call and raise you flintlock

Image

Author:  Craiglxviii [ Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So this whole urban combat business...

jemhouston wrote:
Call and raise you flintlock

Image


Ooh!

Author:  edgeplay_cgo [ Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So this whole urban combat business...

jemhouston wrote:
Call and raise you flintlock

Image


That at least has a handle that lets you wield it as a knife. And when you have only one shot, the knife makes more sense than throwing the pistol in someone's face.

Author:  edgeplay_cgo [ Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So this whole urban combat business...

jemhouston wrote:
Image


That's the one. I'd rather use my pocket knife.

Author:  pdf27 [ Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So this whole urban combat business...

edgeplay_cgo wrote:
That's the one. I'd rather use my pocket knife.

This one?
Image

Author:  The Bushranger [ Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So this whole urban combat business...

pdf27 wrote:
edgeplay_cgo wrote:
That's the one. I'd rather use my pocket knife.

This one?


Image

Author:  Belushi TD [ Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So this whole urban combat business...

It perhaps displays my almost complete lack of knowledge about pistols, but I think having a bayonet on a pistol is quite possibly one of the coolest, and at the same time almost completely useless, things one can have on a pistol.

Rule of cool, and all.

Belushi TD

Author:  KDahm [ Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So this whole urban combat business...

Belushi TD wrote:
It perhaps displays my almost complete lack of knowledge about pistols, but I think having a bayonet on a pistol is quite possibly one of the coolest, and at the same time almost completely useless, things one can have on a pistol.

Rule of cool, and all.

Belushi TD

I'll see your bayonet on a pistol for uselessness and raise you the gangbuster:
Image

Author:  Craiglxviii [ Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: So this whole urban combat business...

Awesome, it's even 3-dot.

Author:  edgeplay_cgo [ Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: So this whole urban combat business...

pdf27 wrote:
edgeplay_cgo wrote:
That's the one. I'd rather use my pocket knife.

This one?
Image


I like that! Definitely Rule of Cool.

Author:  Belushi TD [ Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: So this whole urban combat business...

KDahm wrote:
Belushi TD wrote:
It perhaps displays my almost complete lack of knowledge about pistols, but I think having a bayonet on a pistol is quite possibly one of the coolest, and at the same time almost completely useless, things one can have on a pistol.

Rule of cool, and all.

Belushi TD

I'll see your bayonet on a pistol for uselessness and raise you the gangbuster:



HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

I may need to get a set of those if I am ever able to afford a glock.

Belushi TD

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/