History, Politics And Current Affairs

Opinions expressed here are personal views of contributors and do not necessarily represent the companies, organizations or governments they work for. Nor do they necessarily represent those of the Board Administration.
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:09 pm 
Offline
SAC-trained killer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:40 pm
Posts: 3986
Location: CL-56, CGN-37
...Tomorrow night (Monday 8/14) CBS "On Assignment" is doing a story called "The Nightmare Scenario", about the current unpleasantness in Korea. They'll be visiting Anderson AFB in Guam, which means some BUFF love, but they'll also be going to Kunsan to spend time at my old stomping grounds with the 8th FW - the Wolfpack.

MONEY QUOTE: "We prefer for this to be a deterrent," said Col. David Shoemaker, the commander of Kunsan Air Base in South Korea, home of the 8th Fighter Wing -- known as "The Wolfpack" -- as his F-16 fighter jet roared through a simulated bombing run.

But, should their efforts at deterrence fall short, he said, "May God have mercy on the Wolfpack's prey."


http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbsn-on-ass ... ode-three/

Mike

_________________
Bójcie się Boga, ale strach nikt


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 10:18 am
Posts: 7025
Location: Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
MikeKozlowski wrote:
...Tomorrow night (Monday 8/14) CBS "On Assignment" is doing a story called "The Nightmare Scenario", about the current unpleasantness in Korea. They'll be visiting Anderson AFB in Guam, which means some BUFF love, but they'll also be going to Kunsan to spend time at my old stomping grounds with the 8th FW - the Wolfpack.

MONEY QUOTE: "We prefer for this to be a deterrent," said Col. David Shoemaker, the commander of Kunsan Air Base in South Korea, home of the 8th Fighter Wing -- known as "The Wolfpack" -- as his F-16 fighter jet roared through a simulated bombing run.

But, should their efforts at deterrence fall short, he said, "May God have mercy on the Wolfpack's prey."


http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbsn-on-ass ... ode-three/

Mike

Image

_________________
"The double tap is a myth. Shoot the threat until it goes away. Only then will his soul find peace." -- Dalai Lama


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:24 pm
Posts: 2778
Poohbah wrote:
MikeKozlowski wrote:
...Tomorrow night (Monday 8/14) CBS "On Assignment" is doing a story called "The Nightmare Scenario", about the current unpleasantness in Korea. They'll be visiting Anderson AFB in Guam, which means some BUFF love, but they'll also be going to Kunsan to spend time at my old stomping grounds with the 8th FW - the Wolfpack.

MONEY QUOTE: "We prefer for this to be a deterrent," said Col. David Shoemaker, the commander of Kunsan Air Base in South Korea, home of the 8th Fighter Wing -- known as "The Wolfpack" -- as his F-16 fighter jet roared through a simulated bombing run.

But, should their efforts at deterrence fall short, he said, "May God have mercy on the Wolfpack's prey."


http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbsn-on-ass ... ode-three/

Mike

Image


:lol:

_________________
Pointy-Haired Boss: Is experience exactly the same as pessimism?
Dilbert: Experience is much worse

Dilbert
October 20, 2016


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:33 am 
Offline
SAC-trained killer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:40 pm
Posts: 3986
Location: CL-56, CGN-37
...You guys misspelled

Image

And besides, the name was bestowed upon it by Robin Olds His Own Self. So there. ;)

Mike

_________________
Bójcie się Boga, ale strach nikt


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 10:18 am
Posts: 7025
Location: Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
MikeKozlowski wrote:
...You guys misspelled

Image

And besides, the name was bestowed upon it by Robin Olds His Own Self. So there. ;)

Mike


I am a plank owner in 466.

_________________
"The double tap is a myth. Shoot the threat until it goes away. Only then will his soul find peace." -- Dalai Lama


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:35 am
Posts: 5887
Location: Sweden
There are lone wolves too. ;)
Image

_________________
The Night Watch - A Star Trek Story


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:01 pm 
Offline
SAC-trained killer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:40 pm
Posts: 3986
Location: CL-56, CGN-37
Poohbah wrote:
I am a plank owner in 466.



..Poohbah,

Okay, you got me there. I got to 8TFW sixty-seven years and some days after it was stood up, so not exactly one of the old hands. :)

Mike

_________________
Bójcie się Boga, ale strach nikt


Top
 Profile Send private message  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group