History, Politics And Current Affairs

Opinions expressed here are personal views of contributors and do not necessarily represent the companies, organizations or governments they work for. Nor do they necessarily represent those of the Board Administration.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:52 pm 

Kaiser Karl VI is on course 45, speed 17 knots. She is leading Panther and Leopard towards the convoy.

Panther is on course 45, speed 11 knots. She is unable to keep pace with Leopard and KKVI because of hull and stack damage.

Leopard’s is on course 45, speed 17 knots.

The cruisers have not been under fire in the last 5 minutes. We can see the Dandalo moving on course 315 at a speed of 15 knots.

Our Fleet is on course 112 at 17 knots except for Ezherhog Karl. None of our battleline was in range to fire. We expect to be able to open fire in the next 5 minutes (this coming turn) if both fleets move in a manner similar to last turn.
The Italian battle line is not yet in range to fire even at our screen.

We have noted the enemy battle line has continued to the East. Their rearmost elements are coming straight North while the vessels furthest East are on course 90. They are attempting to form a line of battle.

The Italian cruisers have begun to engage our screen with some ranging fire. Our torpedo boats have been bracketed with some shells but no hits were scored. We were out of range to reply effectively so we held fire.

The cruiser Zenta was also fired upon and suffered a hit. She now has a fire burning forward. Her return fire was ineffective.

GM Notes:Please designate targets (Your best guess) for each ship. You can also designate to fire at the closest target or even the closest unengaged target.
The number of ships involved is large so expect a bit of confusion…

Attachments:
0800 Hours.JPG
0800 Hours.JPG [ 106.08 KiB | Viewed 781 times ]
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:44 pm 

Cruiser squadron to change formation into the following steaming order:
Kaiser Karl VI to lead the line. Leopard to follow 750 yards astern of Kaiser Karl VI, Panther to follow 750 yards astern of Leopard.

Once in that steaming order, come to course 055 and reduce speed to 11 knots.

Flag Plot, course, speed and estimated time to gun range on Dandolo please.

Last edited by Johnnie Lyle on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:39 pm 
Mockingbird

In accordance with standard orders, when within range, Budapest will fire upon the 6th ship in the Italian line, the Roma, Monarch on the 7th, Regnia Elena, and Wien will fire upon Cicilia, the 8th. This leaves the last two ships not under fire. This assumes that the Italian ships will be able to form their line of battle before we get in range of them. I am going to give Wien permission to change targets, should one of the last three ships prove to be noticably more accurate than the other two. If the Roma is not able to get into the battle line before we get in range, I'd like all three ships in my squadron to hit the Roma, until the Regina Elena comes into range. Then Budapest will continue to fire on Roma, and Monarch and Wien will fire on the R.E. Once the Cicilia gets into line, Wein will shift fire to it.

Assuming my ships have the ability to fire their secondary weapons at a different target than the primary guns, I'd like to have the secondaries open fire upon the closest italian cruiser once it is in range. Looks like that will be Liguria, Elba, Verese or Marco Polo. I'm guessing Elba or Verese. Should our destroyers/torpedo boats obscure the target, secondaries are to hold fire until our ships are clear.

Belushi TD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:20 am 

Long have i held that January is by far the cruellest month, and alas, this year's has proven no different. But courage my friends, for end is nearly upon us! Lo, February, coming with the promise that we may yet crawl out of this pit of misery that Providence saw fit to lay as a curse every year! The end of this most trying task has been heralded, and the promise of its end is enough to lift my weary spirit.

So yeah, as you may have noticed by now, life has a habit of distracting my attention from this most interesting simulation. As you may have also gathered, this past month tends to be a bitch and a half compared to the others. I really am sorry about the various unannounced delays on my part.

Alright, so, the long awaited orders:

Battleship Squadron

-The battle line will engage the enemy cruisers when they come in range, and continue to do so as long as the enemy battleships remain unable to fire effectively on our own.
-Erzherzog Friedrich shall target the Etruria.
-Erherzog Ferdinand Maz shall target the Lombardia.

Torpedo Squadron

-First Torpedoboat Group increase speed and head east, drawing closer to First Destroyer Group, and clear the battleship's line of fire. Resume prior speed and heading afterwards.
-Third Destroyer Group fall back slightly, so to also clear the battleship's line of fire, and then resume prior speed.
-Second Torpedoboat Group also fall back slightly, pulling closer to Second Destroyer Group, and making room for Third Destroyer Group's manoeuvre.

Fleet

-All ships may open fire when ready.
-Attached file describes intended fleet position after executing above manoeuvres.

Attachments:
Fleet Position.png
Fleet Position.png [ 262.89 KiB | Viewed 718 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:53 pm 

Habsburg, target Liguria.

Babenburg, target Elba

Arpad, target Marco Polo

Secondaries, hold fire.

Permission granted for any ship to change targets if a target becomes obscured, with priority to unengaged targets.

A night in Belgrad's finest house of ill repute to the captain and crew of the first ship to sink one of the verdammnt pizza-eaters'! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:52 pm 

"A night in Belgrad's finest house of ill repute to the captain and crew of the first ship to sink one of the verdammnt pizza-eaters'! "

Damn! I KNEW I should have signed up for this sim!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:04 pm 

Luddish Knight wrote:
"A night in Belgrad's finest house of ill repute to the captain and crew of the first ship to sink one of the verdammnt pizza-eaters'! "

Damn! I KNEW I should have signed up for this sim!

Please, you'd end up an admiral and have to console yourself with some of Vienna's finest courtesans.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]