History, Politics And Current Affairs

Opinions expressed here are personal views of contributors and do not necessarily represent the companies, organizations or governments they work for. Nor do they necessarily represent those of the Board Administration.
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:32 pm 

Our Battleline has finally engaged the Italian Battleline!

Kaiser Karl VI is on course 55, speed 11 knots. She is leading Leopard and Panther towards the convoy.

Panther is on course 55, speed 11 knots.

Leopard’s is on course 55, speed 11 knots.

The cruisers have not been under fire in the last 5 minutes. Dandalo has reappeared from behind the smoke and is moving towards us at about 15 knots.

Our Battle Divisions are on course 101 at 17 knots except for Ezherhog Karl which is making 10 knots.

We have engaged the enemy battleline with our main batteries and the enemy cruiser line with our secondary batteries. Generally speaking, our vessels have fired down the enemy battleline with our lead ship engaging their lead ship and so on. Because of the great volumes of fire, our gunnery officers are only reporting the damage they have noted to enemy vessels.

Babenburg engaged the Regina Elena and scored a hit on the target. The Regina Elena is now burning.

Hapsburg engaged the Benedetto Brin and scored two hits on the target. The Benedetto Brin has lost its forward turret and has slowed from hull damage.

Erzherhog Ferdinand Max hit the Regina Margherita twice. The target is burning and has suffered significant damage to her secondary batteries.

We did not have things totally our way in the gunnery engagement. Several vessels were damaged.

Erzherhog Friedrich was struck by multiple shells and lost her forward turret. We have suffered hull damage forward but our speed is not yet affected.

Erzherhog Ferdinand Max was struck by three shells which destroyed her rear turret, damaged her stack and holed her hull. Her maximum speed is reduced to 15 knots.
None of our other battleships was damaged in the last 5 minutes.

Our screening vessels engaged the enemy cruiser line with varying amounts of success. Several hits were scored on Marco Polo but the small shells bounced off of her armor.

Zenta continued to exchange fire with Marco Polo and scored several ineffective hits.

The destroyer Komet was taken under fire by a cruiser and seriously damaged. We have lost a turret and all of our torpedo mounts. Our hull is damaged and we are on fire. Our maximum speed is down to 19 knots.

The torpedoboat Seehund blew up under fire of several cruiser’s secondary batteries.

None of our other screening vessels were damaged despite the large amount of fire directed at them.

The enemy battleline is generally on an intercept course. Our battleships are about 8,000 yards from their battleships.

Attachments:
0815 Hours.JPG
0815 Hours.JPG [ 103.43 KiB | Viewed 962 times ]
 Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:36 pm 

I have had both computer problems and personal issues (My Mom's Estate) that has curtailed my computer time. As of now, things are moving faster. At this point I intend to turn around a turn each week if possible. I think there will be a fairly speed resolution as both sides are essentially eggshells with hammers. :twisted:

Expect to see casualties as bad coordite will make itself known.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:16 pm 
Mockingbird

As always, take the time you need to get your personal affairs in order. Real life is more important than pre-dreadnaught WHANGS!.

As far as pre-dread whangs...

I seem to have either missed a change in orders, or something else happened that I missed.

Which ships is my division firing at now? I was under the impression that we were supposed to fire on our opposite numbers in the enemy's battleline. If this is true, then my ships, Budapest, Monarch and Wien, should be firing on numbers 6, 7 and 8, but you've got Ferdinand Max hitting one of the ships at which I was supposed to fire.

Is this a fog of war thing or are the ships that are hit are the ones that are in range?

If its a fog of war thing, I'm going to order my ships to start fireing at the opposite numbers starting counting from the rear of the enemy's battle line If no battleships are in range, I'm going to order my ships to keep firing at the enemy cruisers to blow them out of the way between the two battle lines..

No matter what, secondary batteries are to engage the enemy cruisers, as those should be right close enough to hit.

I'd like to suggest to the flag that the torpedo boats and destroyers be used in a torpedo attack on the enemy's battle line.

Belushi TD

Post subject: @Belushi TD
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:00 pm 

The issue was just coming into range. Certain of the ships were out of range at the beginning of the turn and just coming into range at the end of the turn. The closest ships tended to be the opposite numbers.

You won't have that problem this turn. Please redesignate the targets that you want to fire at for this turn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:02 am 

Cruisers close up to 1,000 yard intervals. KK is to slow if necessary to allow Leopard and Panther to catch up. Then turn to course 045, speed 11 knots.

What is our inventory of torpedoes?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:40 pm 
Mockingbird

I am ordering my ships to fire their main guns at the last three ships in the Italian line respectively.

Wein at Re Umberto
Monarch at Sardegna
Budapest at Sicilia.

In the event of a golden BB (the italian ships have 4" belts) they are to fire at the next ship in the line, Regina Elena, then Roma, etc. Not that I think we'll have that kind of luck, but...

They are to fire secondaries (and tertiaries, when in range) at the italian cruisers.

Wien at Lombardia
Monarch at Liguria
Budapest at Elba

I can't remember if the secondaries have been firing at the cruisers. If they have been, let them continue to fire at the ships they have been.

Belushi TD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:06 am 

(Will post later today)

Post subject: @Rob Re:Torpedoes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:27 am 

All cruisers have one complete set of torpedoes left. KKVI has two tubes left. Panther and Leopard have 3 fish apiece.

Post subject: Re: @Rob Re:Torpedoes
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:51 pm 

Sorivar wrote:
All cruisers have one complete set of torpedoes left. KKVI has two tubes left. Panther and Leopard have 3 fish apiece.

Have my flag secretary add to the after action report the need for more ammunition in scout cruisers. Along with more scout cruisers in general - we seem to go through them like a certain battleship admiral and Serbian mistresses.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:54 pm 

Hey, there's only the one! =|

:P

...Battleline continue firing at current targets as they come into range. Erzherzog Friedrich mind Ferdinand Max, reccomend ships be ready to swap positions in the line if FM's damage-control teams can't maintain speed.

Komet is granted permission to drop out of the cruiser line for repairs if required.

First Torpedoboot Group, ready fish for an attack on the Italian battleline. Come to course 085 and increase to full speed, launch when in range.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:42 pm 

The Bushranger wrote:
Hey, there's only the one! =|

And the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that . . .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:14 pm 
Mockingbird

But there's only one at any one time.

I understand the Herzog Admiral's stance.

Belushi TD