History, Politics And Current Affairs

Opinions expressed here are personal views of contributors and do not necessarily represent the companies, organizations or governments they work for. Nor do they necessarily represent those of the Board Administration.
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Salvation War Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

I created this thread to hold any discussion related to TSW. Let's keep it all here, or in paralel threads, and out of the storyline, to keep those clean.

And thank you, Stuart, for reposting all this.

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."
-Sir Winston Churchill

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

edgeplay_cgo wrote:
I created this thread to hold any discussion related to TSW. Let's keep it all here, or in paralel threads, and out of the storyline, to keep those clean. And thank you, Stuart, for reposting all this.

Excellent idea; thank's very much Dennis. Getting this up was something of a rush job. Also, I've set this so guests and non-member people can view it without registering although they can't comment.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:59 am 

Thanks for posting Armageddon, awesome work :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:37 pm 
Current Holder of the Cement Bicycle

I've always thought that TSW was the best of all the myriad stories on the website. Love every minute of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:53 pm 

If it's even possible, this is even more improved when you have ACDC's Highway to hell on loop....

-Gene Roddenberry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:01 pm 
Site Admin

Actually, I prefer "Paint It Black"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:38 am 

Something else that occured to me: When the Russian Officer asks the German Officer after the Russians used Sarin on the Harpies he said that he never saw a Russian Tank. I think that's somewhat unlikely IMHO.

For one the Panzermuseum Münster has several T-55 and at least one T-72 (IIRC both ex-NVA), secondly he may have seen one right after the reunification as a youngster.

-Gene Roddenberry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:45 am 

And for one thing, why is Caeser better able to understand and use modern tech then Lee? Is it just that Caeser was that good a general?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:51 am 

Winston Smith wrote:
And for one thing, why is Caeser better able to understand and use modern tech then Lee? Is it just that Caeser was that good a general?

Caesar isn't acting a a general. He's acting as a politician. He's smart enough to leave running his army to modern soldiers, like Kim. Recall, for instance, that once he established who was boss with the British Paras, he put the British CO in operational command while he did some awesome politicking.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:16 pm 

Ahh yes. Now I remember.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:27 pm 

Its very cool, will there ever be any more?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:11 am 
Site Admin

M Jolly wrote:
Its very cool, will there ever be any more?

I honestly don't know. Previous plans to publish (I had a mainstream publisher signed up ready to go) were destroyed by a Ukrainian religious nutcase who pirated the whole thing with the specific intention of making it unpublishable (Because it 'offended his religion"). That lost me $80,000 in advances and potential revenues by the way. If the torrents vanish completely, we might be able to get it going again. At the moment, I would rather spend the time working on TBO stuff since that generates a fianncial return.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:23 am 
Site Admin

Any ability to prosecute the POS?

Personally, I'd like to apply the Darwin Penalty to him and his ilk. Liquidate all the offspring of his grandparents.

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."
-Sir Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

edgeplay_cgo wrote:
Any ability to prosecute the POS? Personally, I'd like to apply the Darwin Penalty to him and his ilk. Liquidate all the offspring of his grandparents.

There's a warrant out for him but as long as he stays in the Ukraine, he's safe. For a case this blatant and one that was obviously inspired by vindictive spite, he'll get everything the law can throw at him; criminal penalties of 250,000, five years inside and at least 400,000 damages to me.

The problem is the little bastard doesn't have any seizable assets and I don't want to own a chicken coop in the Ukraine.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
The problem is the little bastard doesn't have any seizable assets

I suspect the POS won't be doing any international travel.

-Sir Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:44 pm 

edgeplay_cgo wrote:
Quote:
The problem is the little bastard doesn't have any seizable assets

I suspect the POS won't be doing any international travel.

Unless he could be 'persuaded' that is...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:48 pm 

edgeplay_cgo wrote:
Personally, I'd like to apply the Darwin Penalty to him and his ilk. Liquidate all the offspring of his grandparents.

Familicide.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:06 pm 

That is a damn shame, what a little piece of ****, these are damn good stories and deserve to be told, if you find it offensive dont read simple as. Sometimes people really offend me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:23 am 

I don't frequent SD.net, so what prompted the removal of this story from there?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:31 am 
Site Admin

I honestly don't know. SDN has really gone downhill ever since Mike Wong stopped posting there. While he was around he's smack heads together now and then which kept everything on an even keel but in his absence, the administration have gone down with a bad case of the collective god-like delusions. I don't bother with the place any more. TVtropes mentioned that they'd taken TSW down so I put it up here since it has a large following outside SDN/HPCA.