History, Politics And Current Affairs

Opinions expressed here are personal views of contributors and do not necessarily represent the companies, organizations or governments they work for. Nor do they necessarily represent those of the Board Administration.
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: new york this time
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:35 pm 

premature detonation according to port authority

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: new york this time
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

From reports so far, it appears numerous wounded but no dead, and the perp in custody.

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."
-Sir Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:55 pm 

Have them blamed Trump yet for provoking him?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:16 pm 

yes, the jerusalem thing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:24 pm 

Impressively incompetent when the chap in question failed to even blow himself up with the device secreted about his person. More terrorists like this please!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:02 pm 

US should really add the South Asian muslim majority countries to its travel ban.

Pakistan, Bangladesh + Afghanistan.

Trust me on this one....its going from bad to worse in India big time in lots of previously peaceable places and they are "only" 13% or so here.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:08 pm 

Sounds like he rode the short camel to madrassa.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:34 pm 

Something a talking head on Fox News pointed out. The Jihadi may decide to use another truck instead of suicide vest due to this failure.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:56 am 

pdf27 wrote:
Impressively incompetent when the chap in question failed to even blow himself up with the device secreted about his person. More terrorists like this please!

A reassuring sign - if terrorist bombs are turning out to be ineffective, it suggests that the security forces are making it harder to build and deliver a viable device.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:10 am 

RLBH wrote:
pdf27 wrote:

A reassuring sign - if terrorist bombs are turning out to be ineffective, it suggests that the security forces are making it harder to build and deliver a viable device.

FWIW, this A Hole is a product of the "Chain Immigration" Potus Trump is targeting for termination.
So far he has taken step 1, educating the US population to the existence and implications of CI (Chain Immigration), in order to build a consensus of voters to pressure their reps.
Early days yet but it looks like "We The People" don't like what we are learning about CI.
This "Failed" Terrorist getting into the USA through CI is being reported by even few of the CrackWh0re press thanks in no small part to POTUS tweets AKA direct comms with We The People.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:34 am 

The interesting thing was the reaction of the family as reported on CBS last night. Essentially, they were blaming the security and law enforcement forces for the incident, accusing them of over-reaction, Islamophobia and discrimination against them and denying that the bomber had anything to do with them. The fact that CBS reported that does show the beginnings of a change I think.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:55 am 

Sukhoiman wrote:
US should really add the South Asian muslim majority countries to its travel ban.

Trust me on this one....its going from bad to worse in India big time in lots of previously peaceable places and they are "only" 13% or so here.

Sorry to hear that about India old man. Fought a few motivated Guerrillas in my day and I have to tell you 13% is more than enough to do a lot of damage to a society, especially IF they know their business, have offshore support and nearby sanctuaries.

I have no idea how India would deal with that triple devil's cocktail. In the end I'd guess it depends on how determined the other 87% of the Indian population and their elected leaders are to defend their society.

No doubt in my mind the Indian military are competent, dependable and faithful to their oaths.

I just pray you folks are ruthless enough to take the fight right into the strongholds of the muslims, WHEREVER you find them, and rip the heart out of their Jihadiis with the greatest of prejudice. The sooner the better before the terrorist war takes too high a toll of the will of your people and leaders.

Now the bleeding heart Euro sheep along with US and other brain washed, clueless PC fools here can wail and
scream about winning the hearts and minds of those 13% muslims. Utter defeatist BS because there is no doubt in my newly unmarinated mind, for every jihadi willing to fight there are hundreds who agree with their ultimate goal of muslim world domination and provide as much aid and comfort as they can. After all it is the core belief of their "religion". :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:07 am 

Francis Urquhart wrote:
The interesting thing was the reaction of the family as reported on CBS last night. Essentially, they were blaming the security and law enforcement forces for the incident, accusing them of over-reaction, Islamophobia and discrimination against them and denying that the bomber had anything to do with them. The fact that CBS reported that does show the beginnings of a change I think.

QUESTION EVERYTHING
Why would legacy media so quickly pursue a story about an issue they have previously shown no interest in publicizing?
I don't have cable television, how much have they pursued the Las Vegas shooting? Seems to have slipped down the memory hole.

Unrelated: Some people have dreams of flying, or wild orgies, what did I dream of last night? Stu building a 3ft model ship. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:25 pm 
Site Admin

Sukhoiman wrote:

Their tide is still on the rise, worldwide. It will take a lot of blood and horror to reverse this trend. The only solutions that come to mind are genocide and strict isolation, and neither is satisfactory.

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."
-Sir Winston Churchill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:59 pm 

OSCSSW wrote:
Sukhoiman wrote:

Sorry to hear that about India old man. Fought a few motivated Guerrillas in my day and I have to tell you 13% is more than enough to do a lot of damage to a society, especially IF they know their business, have offshore support and nearby sanctuaries.

I have no idea how India would deal with that triple devil's cocktail. In the end I'd guess it depends on how determined the other 87% of the Indian population and their elected leaders are to defend their society.

No doubt in my mind the Indian military are competent, dependable and faithful to their oaths.

I just pray you folks are ruthless enough to take the fight right into the strongholds of the muslims, WHEREVER you find them, and rip the heart out of their Jihadiis with the greatest of prejudice. The sooner the better before the terrorist war takes too high a toll of the will of your people and leaders.

Now the bleeding heart Euro sheep along with US and other brain washed, clueless PC fools here can wail and
scream about winning the hearts and minds of those 13% muslims. Utter defeatist BS because there is no doubt in my newly unmarinated mind, for every jihadi willing to fight there are hundreds who agree with their ultimate goal of muslim world domination and provide as much aid and comfort as they can. After all it is the core belief of their "religion". :roll:

My good sir, I am not worried in India's case because there is an actual nationalist movement well entrenched, even among a number of the Muslims (trust me it takes far more time, blood and sweat than its worth to achieve even this ratio with them, much more than the West can handle currently I feel)....plus far more people overall understand PC to be a computer and nothing else :P

In a way India has always been fractured along all kinds of identities, we never quite come together cohesively very well, but neither do we shy away from taking on those that seek to undermine even the status quo we have inherited for better or worse, through whatever means necessary should it come to that. There are simply many things never put on the table for "debate", we do not have the luxury to do so quite simply.

Problem I see is the specific vulnerability of the West, be it Europe, Canada and/or the West and NE Coast of the US...where the resolve for the cure just isn't there, many simply do not understand the depth of the chasm at play with the argument that all (much more shallow) chasms before have been forded before.

So the good, strong, patriotic people remaining must look to push for prevention, for their deluded compatriots sake (and theirs too since everything is connected in the end). The POTUS+SCOTUS travel ban is such a measure...but I do have confidence with Trump there will be an improvement in vetting by the foreign service anyway. Hope he gets 2 full terms and is followed by 2 full terms of another strong republican leader. Its the least the US and West require to have a strong chance on the backdoor security front.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:51 am 
Official Board Weasel Nut

Francis Urquhart wrote:

The Farmer and the Viper.....The Farmer and the Viper....